Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

flp says rosslers pinion angle page is wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default flp says rosslers pinion angle page is wrong

according to rosslers site http://www.rosslertrans.com/Tips/Pinon.htm i have my pinion angle correct. my trans is at -4 and my pinion at +3, this gives me
-1 total. trans is pointing down so much because i ground the humps off the poly mount and didnt use the preload plate i assume. im thinkin of adding the plate back in to maybe bring it up a lil. i sent a email to mitch at flp(who is no longer with them i guess) and i got a response from dan saying this:

" From what you are explaining, I still don't think you have your pinion angle correct. You need to measure the driveshaft angle,not the trans, and it is the difference between that and the rear end angle that is your pinion angle. If you have the rear end at +3, I can almost guarantee it is wrong, the rear end should never be positive, unless something is drastically wrong. "

when i set my pinion angle to where it is now it cleared up 90% of my vibration. i was -2 on my pinion before with my trans at -4, that gave me -6 according to rossler. if i shim the trans to 0 degrees then lower pinion to -1 i suppose that would be better. sounds like my trans is pointing too low causing me to have to go positive +4 on the pinion to make them parallel, then down 1 degree to have -1 total. although having 0 degrees at the trans, but being phyisically(spell?) higher than the pinion would still cause a angle, which would have to be measured in the ds i guess. could it be that if your trans is at 0 removing all angle from your trans, that the ds method would be the correct way to do it? its all so very confusing. all i know is when i drove home last night(30miles) my vibration was all but gone. i am still going to try shimming to 0 and see what happens trying the ds method.