Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR torque arm relocation crossmember with Energy Suspension transmission mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018 | 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default BMR torque arm relocation crossmember with Energy Suspension transmission mount

Has anyone ran this combo before? I've read some people have the BMR crossmember with a Prothane transmission mount, but I haven't seen much about an Energy Suspension combo. Was there any problems with these two lining up properly or the ride quality being absolutely unbearable? I'm willing to accept additional vibration, but I don't want it to feel like the car is falling apart or anything.
Old 01-22-2018 | 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Shouldn't be a problem. People mainly complain about vibrations after changing the trans mount to poly if they also have poly motor mounts. If you're still on stock rubber mounts and toss a poly trans mount in I'm sure you will be fine.
Old 01-22-2018 | 04:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Nope, no problem at all. I run this combo and recommend it to many of my customers. The trans mount you need is part number 3.1108

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-22-2018 | 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Nope, no problem at all. I run this combo and recommend it to many of my customers. The trans mount you need is part number 3.1108
I appreciate the info! I'm glad you told me the correct ES part number because I thought 3.1142 was the right one. I'm assuming there's a difference in height between the two. Which torque arm bushing do you recommend with your crossmember for a stock torque arm?

Originally Posted by biketopia
Shouldn't be a problem. People mainly complain about vibrations after changing the trans mount to poly if they also have poly motor mounts. If you're still on stock rubber mounts and toss a poly trans mount in I'm sure you will be fine.
I'm still running stock motor mounts so it's good to know that they may help decrease vibrations. That's a mod I was hoping I could avoid lol.

Last edited by 00-Z28; 01-23-2018 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-28-2018 | 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

I figure I'll just add some potentially useful information here about the Energy Suspension mounts for future reference. I have both ES transmission mounts, 3.1108 and 3.1142, and they are nearly identical. The biggest difference I've noticed is that the 3.1142 is already flat, you don't have to grind off the two "nubs" on the bottom, it's almost level. The other difference is that 3.1142 is about 1 mm shorter in total height, but it's 2 mm taller from the top of the metal that the poly sits on to the top of the poly itself. In other words, the nubs on 3.1108 make the mount slightly taller in total. All other dimensions are the same. I would probably stick with the 3.1142 because you don't have to grind off the nubs and ES as well as Rockauto actually have it listed as the correct part for our cars, 3.1108 has no such recommendation from either site.

Quick Reply: BMR torque arm relocation crossmember with Energy Suspension transmission mount