Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bolts for the Brake Caliper bracket-Options !

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
while speaking to ARP I asked if my use of threadlocker was a positive thing.....he said an under TQd bolt will loosen regardless of use of threadlocker .....a false feel good band aid in this case
Yea, the place for threadlocker is really where the bolt doesn't develop much torque and fully engage the bolt threads to protect against the thing backing out. I've also become a fan of Nord-Lock washers for those applications. (Less mess, but more $$$ http://www.nord-lock.com/nord-lock/w.../introduction/)

Some aftermarket parts that don't need threadlocker come with it pre-applied, but I think that's most likely insurance for the supplier to protect themselves against lawsuits from do-it-yourself'ers who don't have torque wrenches or know how to properly apply torque.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 254 Likes on 209 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

FYI......i used ARP M12x1.75x35mm bolts for the rear caliper bracket.....took the 98 ft pds of tq with no problem.....no loose bolts in the rear either !

got some nordlock washers for my header studs !!
Old 06-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sweet. I hope you like those NordLocks. (They are really cool gadgets!) I'm curious to see how they hold up in the corrosive environment of the header area.