Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help suspension advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help suspension advice!!

head/cam car need some suspension car needs help hooking off the line only suspension mods car has is phr and torque arm relocation bracket and lca relocation brackets got a few bucks to spend was thinking subframe connectors and maybe rear sway bar it’s got stock shocks springs all around might leave them stock help me choose got around 7 800 bucks
Old 07-12-2018, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You mention the relocation brackets for both the torque arm and lcas, but are both those pieces stock?
Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

If those are stock items still then they are probably flexing. I've got some stock LCA's that have been boxed and have poly joints in them I'm looking to unload cheap if your interested. But if i were you I would definitely be looking to upgrade my shocks over some potentially 20 year old ones.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What tires are you using at the track?
Old 07-13-2018, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

As mentioned before, the stock LCA's and torque arm are still in place, they would be the first things I would address. Those items are prone to flexing and not translating suspension movement correctly. I would address them first if they are still stock. If they have been replaced already, then the next step would be shocks and springs. With your budget in mind, something like the Viking Total Vehicle package would be a good option. It includes a front coilover setup with your choice of spring rates as well as rear smooth body stock location shocks. All of which are fully adjustable

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-13-2018, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car will see track but will be drag radials mostly city driving kinda iffy on upgrading torque arm my swap out my 10 bolt later down with 9 inch heard I would have to order a different torque arm if I wanted to upgrade rears is this true?
Old 07-13-2018, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
You mention the relocation brackets for both the torque arm and lcas, but are both those pieces stock?
yes both are stock
Old 07-19-2018, 08:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1TAUTO
head/cam car need some suspension car needs help hooking off the line only suspension mods car has is phr and torque arm relocation bracket and lca relocation brackets got a few bucks to spend was thinking subframe connectors and maybe rear sway bar it’s got stock shocks springs all around might leave them stock help me choose got around 7 800 bucks
You could try some rear Vikings. It's an easy install and if you have stock fronts (and aren't dropping the nose from two feet in the air) those fronts may be loose enough to work well anyway.

For rear sway bar, if the car is lifting the left front and/or hooking on launch you could add a drag bar to prevent such. Drag bars kill corner carving capability so be sure how you're gonna use the car.

Those two items will hit your budget and potentially make a difference and allow for some tuning.

ramey

Quick Reply: Help suspension advice!!