Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tips for getting more weight transfer

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Tips for getting more weight transfer

Looking for some input on rear shocks settings. Looking to try and promote more weight transfer. The front of the car is all stock with no sway bar. It raises to the top of the shocks very easy, most likely very worn out shocks lol. Back of the car has a quartermax ARB, lcarbs, tunnel mounted short tq arm, and Viking double adjustable rear shocks. Right now I thing i have compression set at 10 clicks from full soft and extension set at 3 from full soft. In my reading in the past, I’ve seen people talk about stiffening up the rear compression to aid in stoping whee stands. So, if I soften the rear compression would that help get the front end up?

next step is some good front shocks.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would recommend switching to a good coil-over setup in the front. Vikings are a great option as they will give you linear control over how quickly the front raises and compresses. It's not only about getting the weight to transfer to the back, but stay there.

There are also other factors involved here such as control arm angle, torque arm mounting height, ride height etc

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!