Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

We now offer the option to assemble your Koni STR.T or Sports and Strano spring combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sam, side question here but relevant. Are these upper shock mounts be design going to continue to cause issues with rust and deterioration due to water or moisture. I came across an A arm design the other day that is suppose to address this issue, but any insight is appreciated as I am looking at replacing another set of upper mounts and possibly shocks due to rust.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Completely missed this thread, but that's a pretty good price and a nice service!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
Sam, side question here but relevant. Are these upper shock mounts be design going to continue to cause issues with rust and deterioration due to water or moisture. I came across an A arm design the other day that is suppose to address this issue, but any insight is appreciated as I am looking at replacing another set of upper mounts and possibly shocks due to rust.
Just slather the thing in a ton of grease before you throw it in the car.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea i figured. This wasn't done nor installed by me and now 3 years later, the thing looks rusted and the strut isn't even connected to the mount. Not sure what the damage is. Irritated.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

If the shock is banging around in the mount, then the mount is broken. And that's not typically due to rust. Lots of other things from missing the part that sits in the top of mount, to the nut not being tight, to missing the support structure (which varies on different shocks, under the mount.

You can't keep the water out of there, Not without a hell of a big rubber seal.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-01-2019, 02:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Just updating. Shocks are in stock, springs are in stock. I made the decision to move to Moog mounts to appease the internet opinion gang. All the parts are in stock to assemble a set for you!

This has been very well received, and by most reports, made life easier for folks.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you for this service. I did have someone install the aprings and Konis but they were appreciative of the service. Just got ut back today.
Man she rides like she is on the proverbial rails too!
Got 3.42s installed too.

Quick Reply: We now offer the option to assemble your Koni STR.T or Sports and Strano spring combo