Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm Washers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Torque Arm Washers

Hello,

I am installing an adjustable BMR Torque Arm. When I took my stock one, I noticed one of the bolts was inserted from the bottom where as the other one was inserted from the top. Does it matter how are they're put back it?

Another thing I noticed is that one of the washers was missing... So does anyone know which washer do I have to buy to fit on the stock bolts?

I am also a bit of an idiot, so I am wondering if anyone has a trick on how to get a good grip to be able to torque the bolts to 100 ft lbs... like I am working under the car and can't find a good spot to hold the upper wrench and get the 100 lbs ft with the torque wrench. :'(
Old 05-21-2019, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

when i did mine, both bolts were facing down (nuts on bottom) so that how i put them back. take one of the other washers you have to a hardware store and find one that matches it. i don't remember if i even torqued mine down, but you can let the wrench spin until it hits the body (with a rag to protect the paint) and use that to hold the wrench in place
Old 05-21-2019, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

they most certainly need to be installed from the top, god forbid a nut backs off you don't want those bolts falling out. And then like hokeplaya said, just match the washer at the hardware store and let a wrench hit the body. I just do a few hits with the impact and call it good.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gustavo Villegas
Hello,

I am installing an adjustable BMR Torque Arm. When I took my stock one, I noticed one of the bolts was inserted from the bottom where as the other one was inserted from the top. Does it matter how are they're put back it?

Another thing I noticed is that one of the washers was missing... So does anyone know which washer do I have to buy to fit on the stock bolts?

I am also a bit of an idiot, so I am wondering if anyone has a trick on how to get a good grip to be able to torque the bolts to 100 ft lbs... like I am working under the car and can't find a good spot to hold the upper wrench and get the 100 lbs ft with the torque wrench. :'(
9/16 flat washer, SAE, GR8, This is what we use in our hardware kits it should also work on the factory 14mm bolt.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone.

I inserted the bolts from the top. Got a new washer and was able to torque them down. I struggled a bit, with what I think are the ebrake wires, but was able to find a spot to let the upper wrench sit and was able to use both hands to get the right torque.

Now I am having a few issues putting back together the Y and the I, but that was a bitch before, and probably will be since I angled the Y pipe down a bit.