Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

99 Camaro ss readend swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 Camaro ss readend swap

Hello so my rearend broke in my 99 ss W/o TC and I just put a moser 9” in my 94 z28 about 6/mo ago so I put my “built” 10 bolt under my 99ss and now the abs light is on and when I get to about 15 mph the brake light comes on and of course no Abs but why?

The “built” 10 bolt is just a torsen carrier with richmond 3.42 and girdle and the 94 doesn’t have TC either. I swapped the sensor on top of the housing also.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Bump bump
Old 06-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Blac94z28 my best guess is that your VSS on the 94 is not sending the correct or no signal to the 99 ECM. You can determine this easily by using "live data stream" on a scan tool. Then drive the vehicle to see which sensor is sending the correct VSS sensor. Not 100% sure on the differences between the 94 and the 99. This may be your first issue different VSS or reluctor wheel between the years. Not that this is the same but just did this on 2008 Subaru. It had 6 VSS one at each wheel and two on the transmission. Graphed the 4 wheel VSS on my Autel and drove the vehicle. They checked out fine. Wound up being the VSS on the output shaft of the transmission.
You can back probe your VSS with your multi meter to see if it is generating a voltage signal during wheel movement. Don't forget to set your meter on AC voltage. This will start the process of narrowing down your problem then go from there. Keep us posted on what you find I am curious what the issue is.