Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower ball joint help 94 firebird

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower ball joint help 94 firebird

I do have the ball joint tool I tried once already with the boot Seated on top of the ball joint itself and I tried to one piece it through of course without the castle nut and it tore am I supposed to take the boot off and then put it on the top after I pop the ball joint into place? There's way too many answers out there I'm just looking for the correct one
Old 01-07-2020, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The ball joint presses in from the bottom, and the boot gets popped on AFTER the ball joint is seated, from the top. Depending on how badly you tore it, you can try to superglue it back together. I've got one fixed like that on my truck that's been holding for quite a while.

EDIT: This was for a Moog ball joint, I don't know if other brands differ.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you

[QUOTE=Spartan7;20193013]The ball joint presses in from the bottom, and the boot gets popped on AFTER the ball joint is seated, from the top. Depending on how badly you tore it, you can try to superglue it back together. I've got one fixed like that on my truck that's been holding for quite a while.

EDIT: This was for a Moog ball joint, I don't know if other brands differ.[/QUOT

Quick Reply: Lower ball joint help 94 firebird