Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

For the love of god, would people quit buying that PHB. That is the worst deisgn on the planet. Brett at BMR seems like a great guy, but to put the adjuster right at the point that sees the highest bending loads is more than slightly insane.

If you grab a piece of metal and bend it by holding the ends, where does it kink? The middle. Yup, you got it. Grab a pencil and break it, where does it break? Again, in the center. The ends become 2 levers, 1/2 the length of the total and apply the bending load to the center, which is where the pressure equalizes and things begin to bend.

Buy BMR's non adjustable, get the Rod end PHB with upgraded rod ends, but please avoid that design. I'm sure that someone will say that they've seen no failures (so far). This is probably because the track guys avoid them and the "road warriors" are not really "warriors" after all. Those same road warriors have not pushed one hard enough on the street to break it....so far. Even if it does not break, it may not offer the stiffness that you are paying for due to flex in the adjuster mechanisim. Again, Brett seems like a great guy, he has a line of affordable components which I'm sure many items are "just fine for some applications". However, that design is not one of them.

My thoughts.

Quick Reply: Lowering Car...