Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Moog outer tie rod

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Moog outer tie rod

2001 ws6

So I just failed my safety inspection for side to side play. The guy inspecting it said he was 90% certain it's an outer tie rod end and said he could see it. I'm inclined to believe him. Two years ago I replaced the outer tie rod ends when I was doing new shocks. SHOULD HAVE REUSED THE FACTORY TIE ROD ENDS!. I was too dumb to follow the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I have to jump through hoops for the warranty replacement which I will. However, I have heard nothing but bad things about moog's quality in the last few years. My friend who's a mechanic claims that their quality control has decreased in the last few years. I've heard some rumblings from other people as well.

I want to put on tie rod ends I don't have to think about for a long long time. What's the best quality tie rod ends? Fourth Gen F-Body by the way.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

After contacting the company I bought the moog tie rod ends from, I got a reply via e-mail.

"I spoke with my mechanic and showed him the videos. He is saying that it looks like something might be wrong with the taper in the spindle. With that being said, we can't see anything wrong with the tie rod itself in the videos you sent. My next suggestion would be to send the part back to us so he can look at it to decide on the warranty option on it."

What the................

Quick Reply: Moog outer tie rod