Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K member and Lower A arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default K member and Lower A arms

Looking for a little advice here: current setup:

2002 LS1 Camaro- bolt ons, tunnel mount tq arm, Ford 8.8 rear end, 2pt subframe connectors, phb, and QA1 shocks/springs.

I Just ordered Strano springs with Koni yellows waiting to be installed to replace the QA1’s. All other suspension is stock.

I need to fix an oil leak off the pan and am now looking at doing the UMI k frame (the road course one that is extra beefy) and am caught between ordering new factory lower control arms or going with boxed LCA’s up front. On my last Camaro I snapped a tubular A arm on the street so I am hesitant to go with them again.

Are the boxed front lower control arms worth it? I am mostly street driving the vehicle, I am lucky if I get to the track 1-2 times a year. But I do drive it hard on the street. Does being lowered on strano springs need the better camber angle that require the boxed control arms? What is my performance gain of going with boxed lower A arms? (Last time I did tubular for weight savings)

Old 07-17-2022, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You don't NEED them for lowered springs.The boxed UMI lowers provide a degree or so of additional CASTER. Yes you can adjust camber a little bit with them, but that's normally done with the matching adjustable uppers. Also these are rod end mounts. You may not want that on a street car. A rubber bushing would be more tolerable and quiet.
The following users liked this post:
kookamunga (07-19-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just rebuild your stock arms with all moog bushings/ball joints and be done.
The following users liked this post:
kookamunga (07-19-2022)

Quick Reply: K member and Lower A arms