Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Advice/Input on Suspension Components

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Advice/Input on Suspension Components

First the car and the plan. I have a 94 Camaro that I am in the begging stages of planning and acquiring parts for. Plan is just a nice, reliable, well built streetcar. It doesn't need to be the fastest at the drag strip or around the track just something fun. The main plan is LS3, T56, MWC fabbed 9", and potentially an LSA blower down the road. I would like to start with chassis/suspension components first. So far I have purchased MWC's SFC, adjustable LCA's, adjustable PHB, and their driveshaft loop. I have also purchased the ATS 4 piston brakes to swap. I like the idea of buying everything from one company and have been considering MWC's front end kit with their k member, upper and lower A arms, and Viking coil overs.

Long story short is there any significant difference between the front end kit MWC offers compared to say UMI or BMR?
Old 06-28-2022, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I can only speak for UMI stuff since I have been a happy customer for some time. I would say their road race K-member though is unique because it has an improved roll center and plates to hold the alignment bolts so they can not slide. They also offer boxed FLCA that are pretty stout for road race applications, I think these are also unique. They also have some unique (I think) adjustable FUCA due to their mounts. I do not know if they are packaged in a kit, but I'm sure if you ordered a bunch of stuff they would work with you.

With that said, I wouldn't get hung up on purchasing from one brand. Pick the parts that fit what you want to do and your budget. I see you listed an adjustable panhard bar that you already purchased, I'm really a proponent of Watts links, they really work and give you a lot of roll center adjustment.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input pewter. Those UMI components you mentioned are actually the exact parts that I had my eye on.

Quick Reply: Need Advice/Input on Suspension Components