Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front end shocks and alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end shocks and alignment question

I put new shocks and lowering springs on my 02 trans am ws6 a few months back, rear end is completed as well. Regarding the front, the new isolators were on back order so I went ahead and completed the job since there was no specific time they would even be processed. Well…. They showed up the other day and I have a springy sound in the front anyway so I’m going to refresh the front end and go forward with the new isolators. I just got the front end aligned and the shop has a hard time with the car cause it’s lowered. I am intending to simply raise the car, hang the front wheels, loosen the bottom bolts on the shocks, disconnect the top, so I can expose the old isolators secure the springs and swap ‘em out, grease everything up, and put back into place, of course torquing once suspension is loaded. As long as I don’t mess with the lower control arm or the tie rods, I should not need another alignment should I? I don’t believe I need to disconnect the upper control arm for anything I don’t remember.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:15 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

You won't need an alignment at all. I take it you mean upper shock mounts by "isolators." By "secure the springs" I think you mean compress the springs with a spring compressor. You should be good to go!

Quick Reply: Front end shocks and alignment question