Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What parts will I need to change front suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 04:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What parts will I need to change front suspension?

Can anyone help me.

I want to change all of the front suspension on my '99 Z28.

I already have a new set of Strano springs to go on. And I'm going to be ordering up some Koni shocks from Strano.

In order to fit the new springs & shocks on the front. What else will I need or should I look to change?

Reason I'm asking is. I'm in the UK. So I want to have all the bits I will need. If I strip it down and find I need a part, it might take 2-3 weeks or more waiting on the part to arrive. So I want to be prepared with everything I'm likely to need.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2022, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You shouldn’t need anything else, swapping the springs and shocks is very straight forward. All you will need after is a front end alignment.
The following users liked this post:
300bhp/ton (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,901 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Other wear items on the front suspension are the upper and lower ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends and wheel hub assemblies.
The following users liked this post:
300bhp/ton (10-27-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Other wear items on the front suspension are the upper and lower ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends and wheel hub assemblies.
This. I just did mine actually.

Didn't do the uppers and hub because both were still good. I did change the lowers and outer tie rods, buy them with the ball joints in them.

The assembly cost is worth it, comes with all the parts. Just make sure Koni included the correct shock nut, I fuked mine up because the nut was wrong, had to take it to a machine shop to repair, and before that the perch failed. It was a bit of a nightmare actually.

Install is pretty simple. LCAs take a little time, but after that the shock/spring install is pretty straightforward.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do everything: K-member, lower control arms, upper control arms, sway bar, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, steering rack, tie rod ends and if you do the K-member might as well do long tube headers as well.

Quick Reply: What parts will I need to change front suspension?