Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear brake line brackets and lca relocate bracket.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake line brackets and lca relocate bracket.

I am in the process of installing lower control arm relocation brackets on my 02 trans am ws6. I have made what necessary cuts to the brake line bracket that are needed and am using founders performance relocate brackets. Problem is the relocate bracket is not lining up whatsoever, almost as if it is out of spec. Any more cutting to the brake line bracket I might as well remove it and come up with an alternate. I have managed to move it enough from the stock lca bracket and unless I use a jack to “press” the founder performance part on, it is not going to go on. Again. Feel this part is way out of spec. And I see no signs underneath that the car has been in an accident or anything is bent. Both left and right side lca stock mounts are nearly identical when I measured them with a caliper. Threat end is a Moser axle setup, so assuming umi since that is what I am finding in my searches. I’m sending the relocate brackets back and going with something else, bmr or umi. I have an idea of how I will attach brackets for the brake and ebrake lines. Does anybody have any recommendations for the most installation easy relocate brackets and photos I could look at for ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hurocy; 10-31-2022 at 04:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear brake line brackets and lca relocate bracket.