Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Going with Bielstein B6 shocks - Are these springs a good match?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Going with Bielstein B6 shocks - Are these springs a good match?

2000 Z28
150,000 Milles
Auto
Mostly stock (full catback and Lid

As you can see in the pic, the Y pipe is already hanging low!
I'm replacing all of shocks with Bielstein B6s (I know, Koni is better, but that's my budget!)
It's going to be a daily driver, so I'm thinking about keeping stock height.

What springs do you guys suggest?

I'm currently looking at the stock AC Delco springs
Front

Rear

Old 04-30-2024, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 151 Posts

When looking at stock replacement springs a lot of them, if not all, list the same part number for V6’s and the V8’s. The problem with that is they didn’t come from the factory with the same springs and it doesn’t seem like any of the vendors & manufactures list the spring rates. Since there were a bunch more V6 F bods sold one would have to assume the replacement oem springs were designed after the more common V6 spring.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2K_Frenzy
When looking at stock replacement springs a lot of them, if not all, list the same part number for V6’s and the V8’s. The problem with that is they didn’t come from the factory with the same springs and it doesn’t seem like any of the vendors & manufactures list the spring rates. Since there were a bunch more V6 F bods sold one would have to assume the replacement oem springs were designed after the more common V6 spring.
You make a good point.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by joelx21
You make a good point.
I was looking at OEM type springs awhile back and several of the reviews said that the ride height was higher after the new springs. One read something like, “The ride height is a bit taller now, my old springs must have been sagging.” I remember thinking that that probably not the case because I’ve never had a spring sag on anything. Plus there were too many others reporting a higher ride height. I don’t recall what brand they were though. You might can try to reach out the manufacture to see if they’ll tell you what the spring rates are. A Coke can is plenty of clearance unless you’re going through a corn field. Save some money, rock the old springs and slow down when the road gets crappy.

Quick Reply: Going with Bielstein B6 shocks - Are these springs a good match?