Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring Perch Bilsten front shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Spring Perch Bilsten front shocks

What are y’all using for spring perches when using Bilstein front shocks? I read a review on Summit that said the Moogs don’t fit them and here’s a YouTube video of a guy beating the sht out of his shocks to get the perches on. I’m assuming he bought Moogs. Do the oem perches slide right over or do you have to bash them on as well? If the oem’s slide right over, does anyone have a set laying around they’d be willing to let go of? I’d rather not have to disassemble my old ones if I don’t have to. I’d rather just assemble a new setup if possible.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Obsoleteo

Well nevermind on the Moog perches. Like the Moog front shock mounts, it looks like they have been discounted as well. @parcelblazer3 See what I mean?

Old 06-24-2024, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I had my front and rear shocks replaced about 10 years ago with Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Series Shocks. I was there to see the mechanic do the entire installation, and he had absolutely no problem in transferring over the stock components to the new shocks, he never once used the "ford repair tool".

Quick Reply: Spring Perch Bilsten front shocks