Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shocks/springs assembly ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks/springs assembly ?

Looking at buying a koni/ strano set up. Apparently you need to assemble shocks/springs it's a service they offer for $240 when buying the parts. Wondering if it's worth it or it's easily doable process. Not the most mechanically inclined guy
Old 06-30-2024, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

I've pulled springs off before.... really nothing pleasant about it lol.
With that said I ordered the pre assembled option from Strano and it was awfully slick !

To add to that, I am very mechanical, in your situation I would absolutely opt for the pre assembly option. Nothing like walking on egg shells with a rinky dink spring compressor.
The following users liked this post:
Y2K_Frenzy (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 227 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Kni6htws6
Looking at buying a koni/ strano set up. Apparently you need to assemble shocks/springs it's a service they offer for $240 when buying the parts. Wondering if it's worth it or it's easily doable process. Not the most mechanically inclined guy
Do you plan on installing them on the car? If you are I’d probably opt for them to arrive already assembled. If you’re going to pay to have them put on then it might come out in a wash price wise whether Strano assembles or the shop that’s installing them. The rear springs & shocks are pretty easy. No assembly required and the springs will pretty much just fall out once the shocks are unbolted.
If you don’t have the fronts assembled by Strano you’ll need to buy mounts and upper and lower isolators for the fronts. I think that’s part of the $240.

Last edited by Y2K_Frenzy; 06-30-2024 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 10:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Choosing the Assembly option does include all new mounts and such, after all they are needed to do the assembly. With shop labor rates what they are, and fighting with old stuff coming off, rust especially, this solves all those issues. AND you get the bonus of having them assembled correctly, which trust me, has been a big issue with many folks in the past.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
The following 2 users liked this post by Sam Strano:
Tone-NY (07-04-2024), Y2K_Frenzy (07-03-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Choosing the Assembly option does include all new mounts and such, after all they are needed to do the assembly. With shop labor rates what they are, and fighting with old stuff coming off, rust especially, this solves all those issues. AND you get the bonus of having them assembled correctly, which trust me, has been a big issue with many folks in the past.
PM sent Sam
Old 07-03-2024, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 227 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
,. AND you get the bonus of having them assembled correctly, which trust me, has been a big issue with many folks in the past.
Just curious but do you have a “jig” that you use to help index the assemblies correctly? Or do y’all just eyeball it based off of years of repetition and experience? I just had someone assemble and install a set of fronts and they didn’t have the spring clocked correctly. Ray Charles could’ve eyeballed that one and known that it was off though.

Quick Reply: Shocks/springs assembly ?