Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hawk HPS pads, whats better for daily fun NJ crazy driving/racing, no squeek or dust!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pfc z

silver smoke,i live in staten island and spend alotta time out in jersey,so i feel your pain!!!! i'm getting my pfc z pads installed at cartek next week.a little more aggressive than stock(more fade resistant etc.) without too much of a sacrifice of alotta dust and noise.i got em from mallet.oh yeah,if your switching to c5 calipers,check out the z06 pads.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Teching In

I spent $ 2000 Dollars at cartek January. Now A month later I took It back for Engine Pinging. They Kinda Fixed it BUT, And My Front Brake Squeek.. StatenIsland Here Also
Old 03-11-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSmoke

To the topic above, yes, if I slam on the brakes as hard as I can the car will stop. But that is a lot of pressure, and a lot of time pressing the pedal down to get the car to achieve that stopping power. Something more immediate is needed.
Get a different car, because unless you're an engineer and a fabricator and can alter the geometry of the braking system's workings.....it's not gonna happen.

I suppose you could modify the master cylinder with an aftermarket brake kit (willwood's, baer, brembo, etc)....but thats a far cry from a simple pad replacement.