Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What size metric fitting is on the front caliper?Trying to install aftermarket brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What size metric fitting is on the front caliper?Trying to install aftermarket brakes

I am trying to install my aftermarket brakes and I need to know what size the front metric brake line fitting is (not the banjo fitting by the caliper the other end connected to the hard brake line). I am trying to find the adapter that connects to that hard line then comes out to an AN fitting. I think it might be something like a 10mmX1 to a -03 AN fitting. I just do not know if that metric fitting is a 10mmX1 or a 10mmx1.25 or a 10mmx1.5. There are too many different metric fittings.

Can someone please enlighten me.
thanks in advance, Brandon
Old 08-28-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5ls1vette
I am trying to install my aftermarket brakes and I need to know what size the front metric brake line fitting is (not the banjo fitting by the caliper the other end connected to the hard brake line). I am trying to find the adapter that connects to that hard line then comes out to an AN fitting. I think it might be something like a 10mmX1 to a -03 AN fitting. I just do not know if that metric fitting is a 10mmX1 or a 10mmx1.25 or a 10mmx1.5. There are too many different metric fittings.

Can someone please enlighten me.
thanks in advance, Brandon
Just re-read your post - not sure what fitting you are asking for.

I used earls 592032 adapters which are -3 an to 10mm x1. These fit in the abs block.

On my car I used a banjo to an adapter. Then a new flexhose, to a bulkhead adapter at the frame - with a special block that is bolted to the frame. Then a line up to the abs block.

This is on a f-body, I am pretty sure they are identical on the vet.

Gary

Last edited by red ws6 99; 08-28-2004 at 09:57 PM.