Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I am very surprized that a low 12 second car pulling 1.7 60ft's broke that thing.I was running 12.2 cutting 1.62 60ft.'s with the stock torque rail ,stock shocks ,springs ,struts,and stock clutch and never broke a thing.Then I did H&C and did a BMR panhard,LCA and TA.I have the TA that mounts to the tranny.I know this isn't what I should be running but I got all the BMR stuff for 200 bucks brand new,some kid got it all for x-mas and never put it on the car then sold the car.I cut 1.56 60ft.'s with a lesser TA.I'm gonna upgrade to a yank solid convesionframe mount to take some stress off my tranny.Maybe your pion angle was too agressive.Not sure how that sucker could have broke.Good luck with your TA problems

thats why i'm saying there had to be some whacked out geometry going on in there not at the fault of BMR's product! a suspension system that is improperly installed and not to spec is going to wreak major havoc on all parts of the rear suspension tires/lca's/panhard/tq arm/pinion everything!
when it binds up and has nowhere to go, something is going to give and in this case it was the tq arm at its weakest most stressed point
and as far as i know, everything dealing with his rear suspension (cept panhard rod maybe) was adjustable.
maybe he fuxored up the geometry by over extending the adjustable rod ended lca's when trying to clearance his 28" tire he has/had on there, that would force the tq arm to be moved back farther off the crossbrace and then there was an over correction or something made in the pinion angle (shrugs, my theory anyway)
he broke it on the street, not at the track so his ET and 60' times dont come into play here

Last edited by simple; 09-14-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!