Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach race springs "John Ames"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eibach race springs "John Ames"

Anyone know the spring rates on these? I have had a set on my TA for a few years and have grown tired of the ride harshness. I want to compare the rate to other aftermarket springs so I find something a little more forgiving. Not to mention, they are next to impossible to use with LTs. I practically scrape on pebbles.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to this page they are 337 to 674 front and 83.4 to 138.2 which is really not that stiff. You may want to replace your shocks before the springs. Of course being 2" lower than stock you will spend a fair amount of time on the bumpstops.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_1LE
According to this page they are 337 to 674 front and 83.4 to 138.2 which is really not that stiff. You may want to replace your shocks before the springs. Of course being 2" lower than stock you will spend a fair amount of time on the bumpstops.
Hmmm... Interesting. If I'm reading this right, the race springs are actually less stiff than prokits (337 vs. 377) until hitting the twisties? Maybe I do just need shocks.

I guess I can deal with the lowered stance with regards to the LTs, but I have found it impossible to get my camber more positive than -.9 left -.8 right (edge of camber adjustment slot). Have you heard of anyone modifying their adjustment slots for more adjustability, or is there some other trick?

Quick Reply: Eibach race springs "John Ames"