Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Trackbird's adjustable PHR & LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Trackbird's adjustable PHR & LCA's

I received these parts yesterday and have to say they are quality pieces. Billet aluminum bars internally threaded for QA1 spherical rod ends to keep the weight down to what felt like less than the stock stamped peices. I installed the PHR yesterday in less than an hour with the help of installuniversity.com For those of you concerned about squeeking or rattling with the rod ends like I was, don't worry. I've driven the car about 50 miles comprised of 4 sets of nasty train tracks and I couldn't tell any difference in ride harshness. There was also no noticable noise or clunking. The rear does feels more planted around turns with mid-corner pavement breaks that would normally upset it though. I don't have any pics of my actual bars, but they look just like these.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/trackbirdz28/images/phb.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/trackbirdz28/images/lca.jpg

With a little aluminum polish all of mine came out looking mirror finished.
The price on the PHR is very competative for billet aluminum with good spherical rod ends. If you don't think so look into how much the good QA1 rod ends cost, about $50 a piece so Trackbirds parts are pretty cheap cost wise for the level of components he uses. Other people don't all use the more expensive better quality rod ends which is why you hear about them rattling or making noise. The other great thing about his PHR and LCA's is that nothing is welded. All the other aftermarket susp parts like this that I've seen have been some form or welded tube. I've seen some posts recently with people having weld failures on their susp components, which will never be an issue with Trackbirds PHR or LCA's.
I'll be installing the LCA's this weekend, but if the PHR is any indication of what to expect I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Last edited by FAST LS1; 09-16-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's good to hear. I just noticed that he had some for sale and I was kinda intrigued by them. They look like some solid pieces, and with trackbird's extensive knowledge on the subject, I'd expect them to be performers too. I'm happy to hear it.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I installed the LCA's today and they were pretty straight forward just like the PHR. Fit was great and trackbird's LCA's definatley weighed less than the stock stamped LCA's. Tested the car out after finishing and there was no noticable noise difference. There was a slight increase in feedback from road imperfections and bumps, but not a significant difference. Again I tested them over the train tracks by my house and the car still felt about the same. Sharp bumps feel a little "sharper", but in general the ride has changed so little I doubt anyone besides me could tell a difference. Overall I'm very happy with the parts

Quick Reply: Trackbird's adjustable PHR & LCA's