Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How much did you pay to install arp studs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 05:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much did you pay to install arp studs?

Hello yall. i stripped one of my rear studs. I have a set of arp studs at home. I been told that removing the axles is neccesary to install longer arp studs. What is the normal cost to install the rear studs? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe you have to remove the axles to replace the studs. I know you don't for the front. Is the rear that different??? I'm pretty sure I did it once, with the axles on. You just need to get something to press them off, or a sledgehammer works too. Maybe that's not the advised way to do it, but that's how I did it.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

If you have the 4 channel traction conttol/ABS, you can remove the ABS sensor and feed the stud through that hole. If you only have 3 channel, you have to pull the axle.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by felton316
If you have the 4 channel traction conttol/ABS, you can remove the ABS sensor and feed the stud through that hole. If you only have 3 channel, you have to pull the axle.
I dont have TCS.I am not sure if i have ABS. Were you able to fit the arp studs threw that hole?
Old 11-13-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put mine in by unbolting the caliper mount bracket and kind of moving it so that there is almost enough space to get the stud through (snug it down between the axle hub and the axle tube). I then grabbed my dremel and ground off just enough of the bracket to slide the stud through (it shouldn't be too much, I really just rounded of the edge of the bracket and kind of made a little valley in the middle). Then after I got the studs through, I grabbed my impact wrench and stacked some oversized nuts and washers over the stud, and then used an open ended lugnut, pressing on the nuts and washers, to fully seat the stud. Hope that gives someone an idea of how to do it, despite my crappy explaination. Good luck .

Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9833211
I dont have TCS.I am not sure if i have ABS. Were you able to fit the arp studs threw that hole?

If you don't have TCS, then you have 3 channel ABS and probably do not have the ABS sensors on all 4 tires.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay to install arp studs?