Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A few Questions on Front A-Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few Questions on Front A-Arms?

A friend of mine just bought a set of BMR front upper and lower A-Arms and we are going to do the install most likely over the Thanksgiving break. We got the upper arms with all poly bushings and the lowers with one poly and one rod end. I had a few questions or concerns about the arms that I said he should call BMR and ask why.

Here where my concerns, none of the poly bushings had grease fittings, there for you couldnt grease them? I think over time they might start to squeak??

My second concern was about the rod end. I noticed they did not use a Sepherical rod end on the lower control arm, why would you not want a sepherical rod end? There ad DOESNT state sepherical rod end, but it DOES say teflon lined rod end. Well the end we got is just a normal end with a hole, no movement or teflon. So I assumed only a sepherical end would be able to be teflon lined, did I assume wrong? What does everyone else think about my thougths....

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/A-arms/lower.jpg

There ad:
These precision made a-arms feature 1.625" and 1.25" DOM tubing construction with CNC milled balljoint cups and laser cut mounting plates. A new, heavy duty, greasable ball joint comes pre-installed. Mounts consist of a combination of low deflection polyurethane bushings and a chrome moly, teflon lined severe duty rod-end with stainless steel mounting spacers. Save 7 lbs. of unsprung weight and increase the rigidity of your front suspension at the same time!

Thought?
Old 11-19-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No one?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just put grease all over the bushings. No squeaks @3000 miles so far.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
A friend of mine just bought a set of BMR front upper and lower A-Arms and we are going to do the install most likely over the Thanksgiving break. We got the upper arms with all poly bushings and the lowers with one poly and one rod end. I had a few questions or concerns about the arms that I said he should call BMR and ask why.

Here where my concerns, none of the poly bushings had grease fittings, there for you couldnt grease them? I think over time they might start to squeak??

My second concern was about the rod end. I noticed they did not use a Sepherical rod end on the lower control arm, why would you not want a sepherical rod end? There ad DOESNT state sepherical rod end, but it DOES say teflon lined rod end. Well the end we got is just a normal end with a hole, no movement or teflon. So I assumed only a sepherical end would be able to be teflon lined, did I assume wrong? What does everyone else think about my thougths....

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/A-arms/lower.jpg

There ad:
These precision made a-arms feature 1.625" and 1.25" DOM tubing construction with CNC milled balljoint cups and laser cut mounting plates. A new, heavy duty, greasable ball joint comes pre-installed. Mounts consist of a combination of low deflection polyurethane bushings and a chrome moly, teflon lined severe duty rod-end with stainless steel mounting spacers. Save 7 lbs. of unsprung weight and increase the rigidity of your front suspension at the same time!

Thought?
i would call em have them send you the right one.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird1994
i would call em have them send you the right one.

He did call, it was the wrong rod end, they sent him a Rod eye instead of a rod end.

Thanks for the help