Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front lower control arms (lca's) aka "a-arm"??also what good is it to replace stocks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front lower control arms (lca's) aka "a-arm"??also what good is it to replace stocks?

a-arms and lca's the same thing? what is the benefit of aftermarket a-arms or lca's??? also where did you get yours and where is the cheapest? thanks.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LCA's are actually Rear Trailing arms in a traditional sense. Its the part on the inboard side of your rear wheels connect from mount on the unibody to the rear housing. Replacing them is a good thing and there are soo soo many varieties out there it aint funny. Basically Poly Bushings are street/daily driven friendly stiffer than stock and reduce wheel hop, Solid Rod end make some noise, I use them on my DD Camaro. Adjustable I prefer over non as you can center your tires in the wheel well using them also.

A Arms are for the front suspension, top and bottom of the strut basically. Tubular A Arms are for lighter weight, and some are also adjustable for better control of your alignment.

All in all, most of either variety should help reduce weight, which unspring weight savings makes more of an impact than sprung weight.

My LCAs I tried Spohn first, but I elongated the poly bushing in them (which are replacable) and opted to go with BADZ aluminum adjustable rod ended. Average prices from any of the sponsors are about $120-$225 depending on what exactly you get.

Upper and Lower A Arms, adjustable CM are litte price, $400 for lower adjustables, $200 for Uppers (uppers are non adjustable!). Most ppl will replace the K member with the A Arms, for weight savings, and ease of access. I am in the process of picking one up now.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Charlie

Quick Reply: front lower control arms (lca's) aka "a-arm"??also what good is it to replace stocks?