Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What torque arm do I want?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What torque arm do I want?

I am looking for traction with my heads/cam/nitrous TA. I will have Hal QA1s all around with the Rs up front. I have relocation brackets on my LCAs. The only thing that I am not willing to sacrafice is ground clearance. Which adjustable torque arm would do best for me?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Wolfe sells probably the best torque arm out there. And since you have a little bit of power and you probably drag race then you are going to want the Wolfe one. Although expensive you wont regret it. Just my .02.
Link: http://www.wolferacecraft.com/Search...?CategoryID=18
Old 12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check into the BMR trak pak...good piece. If mounts in a different spot compared to the many torque arms that mount to the tailshaft. This helps cut down on the tailshaft stress that it is put through during hard launches....which you will probably see while spraying nitrous on a H/C car.

Wolfe is good stuff from what I hear....but no personal experience. Spohn I hear makes a good product as well.....but right now I am leaning towards the Trak Pak from BMR.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LG makes a very nice piece, but also very expensive. I beleive I'm going with a Spohn piece because it is cheaper and I know Spohn quality is very good. It's adjustable, but I don't plan on messing with that.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Teching In

One of the key point of a TA is being able to adjust the pinion angle to load the rear. It's worth "messing" with! Read your instuction that comes with it for more info.