Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tires?

Rotated my tires front to back and now my whole car shakes from around 60mph and up. Didn't do it before I rotated them and was wondering if someone could tell me if its in the front tires or back ones?
Old 12-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, did you rotate your tires yourself or have someone else (America's Tire Co.) do it for you? If you did it yourslelf, you need to have the tires balanced. Ok the problem, most likely is that if you had someone do it, they did not balance your tires and now that they are up front you can feel a bad vibration above sixty. If they did balance the tires they might have balanced them wrong. This will also give you vibrations. Also, a deformed tire or bent rim can cuase these same exact vibrations. Tires are my job so private message me if you have any questions. Most likely though it's just some out of balance tires up front.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try retorqueing the lug nuts first. Loosen them all a little, then torque them to 100 ft. lbs. in a criss cross star pattern. See if that makes a difference. If not done properly, they can warp the rims (temporarily) and you'll feel it.