Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Don't want my car to twist like a pretzel...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't want my car to twist like a pretzel...

I was thinking about things today and remembered a buddy of mine's 94 cobra started getting the body lines tweaking from launching on slicks..now, granted I will keep slick launches to a BARE MINIMUM..probably two or three times...I want to keep the car from getting twisted/flexed.

Now-my suspension is comprised of:

BMR Strut Tower Brace
BMR Tubular K-member
BMR Tubular A-arms
HAL 12-way Adjustable coil-overs at all 4 corners
BMR Control Arms
BMR Sway Bars front and rear
BMR Subframe Connectors
BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod
BMR Adjustable Torque Arm (rod ends)

I plan on having a 6-point cage welded into the car, with removable side bars, and I will keep the bars out unless I am going to the track. I figrue the car should be VERY stiff, but at the track, the front sway bar will come off, and the front shocks will be adjusted to full loose. Will the car be stiff enough to keep the body from getting tweaked, and the body lines from not lining up? I will roll around on E.T. STreets on the street from time to time I am sure for ***** and giggles, but I seriously doubt that they will shock the structure of the car that hard on the street.

I guess I should add that the car should make around 500rwhp N/A, and then I *MAY* squeeze it...I'm still undecided about if I just want to stay N/A.

Also-Will the rod-ends of the Torque Arm make affect the ride of the car, etc.? I don't see a whole lot of track use, maybe 4-5 times a year or so...and, I don't do any heavy auto-x, the suspension is mainly for fun, spirited driving...none of the other suspension components have rod-ends, b/c I would like to keep any/all creaks/squeals to none at all.

Thanks In Advance Guys,
Jason
Old 12-30-2004, 05:37 AM
On The Tree

TTT?
Old 12-30-2004, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

A roll cage and SFCs will be overkill. If you want, you could remove the SFCs when you put in the cage to lose some weight back. I would also not get removable side bars for safety reasons. I have a rod ended torque arm, and my car is a daily driver. I have no problems with it.

Quick Reply: Don't want my car to twist like a pretzel...