Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

coilovers are they good for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilovers are they good for drag racing?

i was just woundering if coil overs are good for street/strip use. i drag race a bit and right now i am just on goldline drop springs 1.75" all around. and i was woundering wouldcoil overs improve teh everyday ride quality and/or track times thanks chris
Old 01-08-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

well, wat do you mean by coilovers? The front setup is already in a coilover config.

I assuming your wondering about adjustable struts and shocks? If so, remember in drag racing you need as much weight transfered to the rear so a "softer" comp./rebound ratio in the rear is wat you need but not to much were you might cause to much strain on some of the parts. Also, in some cases the front will ome up quickly abnd down just as fast which might also strain the front suspension.

I have a set of hal's dual adjustable struts and single in the rear. It has a fixed ratio which came be raised to stifen or vice versa. THey work well for the street/strip application. Another set is the koni's...dont know which one but hte dual adjustables. I've heard that they may be stiffer than the hal'z but make sure on that.

Also there are the kyg'z and eldebrock. Personally, my experience is with the hal'z and they are in the middle of the price range and can give you wat you need. MAybe not for autocross but for a car that will see double duty on the street/strip.......look into the hal'z........bu dont forget that there is alot of stuff out there as well......

good luck
Old 01-08-2005, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

thanks for the info
Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

it just occured to me.....were you talking about the adjustable spirng coilover only or the whole assembly?

Quick Reply: coilovers are they good for drag racing?