Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ok im fed up with the BMR adjustable panhard

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
They are fairly noisey. When I first installed them I thought something was loose. Now I dont even know its there, guess cause im use to it. I am selling pretty much everything on my car to buy a z06. PM me if your interested.

what kinda panhard do u have on there now? and what other stuff do you have for sale? is it and 06 z06?? if i buy parts can i go for a ride haha. just let me know what you have.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
the powder coat is comming off of it??
its been on the car sicne like 99, the powder coat isnt falling off, but its just off in a couple of places becasue of wear and tear. The rod ends arent bad at all and I have rod ends in the control arms (lg) and the panhardbar (spohn) and its a quiet ride. Now if I go over a huge *** pot hole, yea youll know it, but on your average bump here and there road you wont notice it.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sikws6
why would you go and buy new one before finding out what the "REAL" problem is? if you go and buy a spohn or wolf panhard bar and you get the same result does it mean their parts are the problem?.....my.02
Because he wants one with a better design....thats the fix
Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so what are the sites to go to for the good quality and light weight bars?
UMI Performance just came out with a new one I found

http://www.umiperformance.com/ebay/images/2022a.jpg

Description- Our tubular “on car” adjustable panhard bar replaces the flimsy stock stamped panhard bar while adding increased strength and rear end adjustment. This is a must for rear end centering after vehicle lowering as well as clearance for running larger tires. The supplied CNC machined double adjuster features left and right hand threads for quick and easy on-car adjustments by simply loosening (2) jam nuts, does not require removal of panhard bar from the vehicle. The spherical rod end/polyurethane bushing combination eliminates most rear end “bind” while not sacrificing your ride quality; this is an excellent improvement for your street or drag application. As well as easy adjustments, our heavy duty panhard bar also increases rear stability, controls side movement and body flex.

We use only high quality QA1 spherical rod ends (Part # XMR12/XML12), alloy steel, heat treated, hard chrome plated featuring Teflon/Kevlar self lubricating race. Teflon lined rod ends prevent metal to metal contact to eliminate unwanted noise allowing for a quiet operation not found with other brand rod ends. When purchasing rod ended components don't be fooled, use only the best, QA1 for a long lasting performance.

Features:
- Quick and Easy “On Car” Adjustments
- 1.250” x .095” DOM Steel Tubing
- Precision TIG Welded Construction
- CNC Machined 4140 Heat Treated Chome-Moly Adjuster
- 4130 Chrome-Moly Threaded Tube Adaptor
- QA1 ¾” Hard Chrome Plated, Teflon/Kevlar Self Lubricating Race Rod End
- CNC Machined 6061 Aluminum Step Bushings for a Centered Fit with the Mounting Point
- Energy Suspension Grease able Polyurethane Bushings with Grease Fittings
- Uses OEM Hardware, installs in 20 minutes
- Brilliant Durable Powder Coat Finish
Old 01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

thats pretty nice, i have never heard of them before though. where is the site that i can find that one at, i can only see the one u have to take off the car. if they arent a sponsor than you can pm me
Old 01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats pretty nice, i have never heard of them before though. where is the site that i can find that one at, i can only see the one u have to take off the car. if they arent a sponsor than you can pm me
They are a Sponsor so your fine. I just checked there site and it looks like it is being updating or something so I assume that is why its not on there yet. I actually found that on ebay. Here is the link to where I found it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 01-23-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

i just wonder how that one end adjuster will hold up and i dont know if i should get one or 2 rod ends. plus i havent read much about these guys. how is your experience with their stuff?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Ok I read all of this and I'm thinking to myself. Why did I buy a BMR? Oh yeah because it was cheap... I still haven't put it on but I was going to do it when I lowered the car. Is there anyone that runs the BMR PHB and doesn't have problems?
Ive had mine for 2 years, and haven't had any problems. I love BRM's suspension! I have the STB, LCA adj. TA, SFC's and adj. PHR. They all are well designed and work great. No complaints from me!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

that adj panhard is a **** poor design that i have
Old 01-24-2005, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

i've got the adj panhard in question as well and I've had no issues with things moving around. I measure it to stock length when I put the 9" in, bolted it up and tightened everything down and no problelms so far.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

im not doubting some people havent had issues. i have their LCA's and SFC's with no issues and other people have problems with breaking. my main point about the design is with the center adjuster, that would weaken it. the center point sees the most deflection, which is prob why they relocated the adjsuting bolt.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

im not doubting some people havent had issues. i have their LCA's and SFC's with no issues and other people have problems with breaking. my main point about the design is with the center adjuster, that would weaken it. the center point sees the most deflection, which is prob why they relocated the adjsuting bolt.
I agree ,they should do something different.I wrecked the *** end also and bought the bmr adj. LCA's thinking bmr is the shi-.boy was I wrong.they definally need a better design.I guess the torque arm will hold the rear from turning up to much.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
I agree ,they should do something different.I wrecked the *** end also and bought the bmr adj. LCA's thinking bmr is the shi-.boy was I wrong.they definally need a better design.I guess the torque arm will hold the rear from turning up to much.
they DID change it as I said earlier somewhere in this post my adjuster is about 8" from the passengerside of the car I bought it somewhere around 3-4 months ago,I also have their adjustable race rear control arms on the car (used them for slick clearance in the front) and have had no issues with them what kind of problem did you have with them? ....thanks!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sikws6
they DID change it as I said earlier somewhere in this post my adjuster is about 8" from the passengerside of the car
I'm no civil engineer, but anytime you make 2 pieces and have the attaching points somewhere between the 2 mounting points, it weakens the whole member. Solid is better than the sum of their pieces.

So, in essence, you've taken a part that has 2 chassis mounting points and added 2 more, only these are in a leveraged, vulnerable position.

Sure that 8" section is now much stronger ... but that 29" section on the other side is a LOT weaker.

Would you bolt connecting rods in the middle? How about a driveshaft? maybe an axle? No you wouldn't. Why? because it weakens the whole part.

It's a great thought and idea, but in practicality, it's a flawed design.

Quick Reply: ok im fed up with the BMR adjustable panhard