Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need a little LCA and shock advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:42 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a little LCA and shock advice

I've got the worst wheel hop problem you can imagine. I think it's a combination of having the original shocks at 54k miles (I just bought this car, so it's not my fault!) and stock LCAs. I'm going to replace both. I'm thinkin' about goin' with the Bilstein HDs. I have no idea what LCAs I'm going to get.

So, first lemme see what you guys think about my shock choice. I'm going to stick with stock springs because I want to hook up well at the track and I'm not big into lowered cars. Should I get the Bilsteins, and if so, should I get them all the way around or should I get something else in front? (Please explain your reasons why because I'm a newbie)

Okay, now the LCAs. I have no idea which ones to get. I hear that boxed ar stronger and I hear that tubular are stronger. I hear good and bad things about every brand, etc, etc. I don't need the relocation brackets if I'm going to keep the stock springs, rigth? I'm also curious what the point of adjustable LCAs is.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM trackbird about LCA's.

for suspension, get Hotchis springs with Koni SA front/Koni 3rd gen rear. whole setup is about $900, and it is absolutely awesome. Get it from StranoParts-->
Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not replacing the springs. This is going to be a street-strip car, and it's not my daily driver. The stock springs are good for dragging, and that's what I want. The shocks are what I'm really interested in.

I don't feel comfortable just randomly PMing someone a question. Can anyone tell me why you would or would not want adjustable LCA's? Are boxed or tubular stronger?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
I don't feel comfortable just randomly PMing someone a question.
It's not random, and I get plenty of them. Send away, I'm glad to help.