Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable or non adjustable panhard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
I totally understand where you are coming from and I like you do not want a item on my car that is going to break, fail or not work correctly. I too have seen junk components as well as used them. I agree LG makes a quality item, but I guess my point was just because they do, doesnt mean others can't.

From the people that have tried new items and had experiences such as yourself you opinon is very important to newbies. However some opinions get expressed as my way or no way and I guess I felt it gets old...

But your comment was not taking harsh and I know where you are coming from
I don't see too much "my way or the highway" approach on this forum, but I understand what you mean. There are some knowledgeable folks here with regard to suspension/braking - its just difficult sometimes for new people to decipher who they are. They've usually tried numerous components in real world applications and/or have a good understanding of what the parts are designed to do. Another source for valuable info is frrax if you're interested in rr/autox. I think the thing that discourages many is when they've taken the time to explain things in detail, provide references, etc., and then someone chimes in with "well my brand X is beefy and I don't have any problems with it" or "why would I pay $X for Brand Y when Brand Z sells one for cheaper?". Its hard not to become a bit cynical after years of that.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get this a lot ... and he makes a very valid point about exclusivity of products.

The problem that I think most of us face is that we, for the most part, aren't selling anything. Most of us are end users.

When going through several revs of parts on our cars and we find something that works, we typically stop buying parts. Why buy more stuff to just evaluate .... I don't have that kind of cash nor incentive to spend the cash.

I get nailed on this very point all the time ... recommending parts and then taken to task because I haven't tried brand X.

All I can do is voice an opinion when asked on what I've run. I'm not gonna buy a piece to replace a perfectly good part in order to pad your bank account.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I get this a lot ... and he makes a very valid point about exclusivity of products.

The problem that I think most of us face is that we, for the most part, aren't selling anything. Most of us are end users.

When going through several revs of parts on our cars and we find something that works, we typically stop buying parts. Why buy more stuff to just evaluate .... I don't have that kind of cash nor incentive to spend the cash.

I get nailed on this very point all the time ... recommending parts and then taken to task because I haven't tried brand X.

All I can do is voice an opinion when asked on what I've run. I'm not gonna buy a piece to replace a perfectly good part in order to pad your bank account.
What you just said makes sense Mitch and I do understand were you are coming from and what you are saying.

I think sometimes when I read some of your posts they seem to come off the wrong way and maybe misunderstood at times?

Some of us do run "brand X" on our cars and have been happy with it, so just as you, we stand up for what we think is good.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damned good point ...
Old 01-28-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Damned good point ...
Thank you...