Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood drag brake question vs. strange and Aero

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 07:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wilwood drag brake question vs. strange and Aero

hey guys..........

ok. so there's been numerous discussions as to the streetability of the Strange and Aerospace drag brakes. what i really haven't seen is any input on the Wilwood's ability to handle light street duty. they don't seem to be as prevelent as the other 2, but if anyone has them and can let me/us know on how well they stand up, i'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After some of the problems I have seen lately with Wilwood I would go with the Strange stuff.

225-343-9029
Old 01-26-2005, 09:23 PM
9 Second Club

i was unaware of any problems. can you or anyone let me know what problem's have been occuring? for the price, seemingly the most expensive, you'd think they would be the best. Strange is likely the way i will go now, but i'm still curious.

thanks,
Dave
Old 01-26-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the wilwood rear drag brake kit that came on GeorgeC's old rear end that's in my car. i was looking to do a front setup, so i'm hoping Madman can shed some light onto this subject. I prefer to keep things the same all the way around, but i'm stupid like that . Just looking for something that would hold up to a little street duty as well.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problems we have been having with Wilwood is extreme amounts of runout in the rotor assemblies. We have 3 cars with a vibration problem under braking. We took the rotors off one of the cars and put it in a lathe and we are seeing .010 of an inch runout. I put a strange set up on the same car and all the vibration went away.

The best brake out is Mark Williams but it is also the most expensive. The Aerospace is the cheapest but it is the heaviest of the aftermarket and there are problems with the calipers sticking.

225-343-9029
Old 01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
9 Second Club

really?! i hadn't heard that. i really like the Strange setup and that's likely what i am going to go with. just wanted some input. thanks Madman.

Dave

Quick Reply: Wilwood drag brake question vs. strange and Aero