Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Non-newbie rear sway suggestion....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-newbie rear sway suggestion....

I'm in the neverending hunt for a DD/AutoX/Drag setup.....yes it'll never be perfect. Here is my current setup:

Front
1LE 32mm sway
550lb Eibachs (linear)
Koni SA
Stock A-arms, K-mem, etc...
0 toe, -1.5 camber, 3.5 caster - if I can remember right.

Rear
BMR Trac-Pack
John A's Heim joint LCA/PHB
1LE 21mm sway
125lb springs (linear/forgot GCs supplier)
Koni SA
-oh got a 12-bolt Moser (big no-no for twisties)

Although I haven't been able to hit up the track (drag or AutoX) last season because of work I was able to put a few miles on her. She rode good and handled great but it seemed like the rear still had a bit of lean in it and could use a little more stiffening.

So here is where I need some input:

1) Get 150 springs and keep sway

2) Stay with 125 lbs (better for drag and DD duty) and get a heavier bar. I'm leaning towards this option but how big should I go?
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty much doing the same thing that you are doing, even my spring rates are about the same. I have 600lb fronts and the rears are Eibach LT1 Pro Kit springs with a progressive spring rate that goes up to around 160lbs if I remember right {probably off a bit}. I also have a 35mm hollow front bar and a 22mm hollow rear, Ground Control front coil overs and Koni DAs. I really like my set-up pretty well now {I've been through a couple of different set-ups}.

My advice would be to step up the rear spring a smidge and keep the 21mm rear bar. With Koni DAs, your are not going to get the fast weight transfer you would with a set of drag specific shocks such as Hals, even if you have the Konis on the minimum rebound setting. Set it up bias towards handling,,, you can always slap some slicks on it, drop the front bar, set the front shocks to their lowest setting and go drag racing. I still have the stock 10 bolt and it has 4.10 gears so I have to watch how good my 60 fts get for fear of breaking the axle. I can get into the 1.70s anytime I want pretty much. I don't know how low I could get into the 1.70s but I have accidentally dipped as low as a 1.74 once. I swear I thought I heard the axle grunting! I hurriedly pumped some more air into the ET Streets to get the 60fts back in the 1.80 range.