Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Any info on KYB adjustables?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 05:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any info on KYB adjustables?

I tried a search and found plenty of posts, but no replies. Does anyone have any experience with the KYB adjustable shocks? I'm looking to upgrade, but the Konis and other brands are a little above my budget. I have to replace my springs b/c the right rear is starting to sag from drag strip use (about 50 passes) and I figured I should replace the shocks at the same time. The entire suspension is stock except I boxed the lower control arms. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 02-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fast01
I tried a search and found plenty of posts, but no replies. Does anyone have any experience with the KYB adjustable shocks? I'm looking to upgrade, but the Konis and other brands are a little above my budget. I have to replace my springs b/c the right rear is starting to sag from drag strip use (about 50 passes) and I figured I should replace the shocks at the same time. The entire suspension is stock except I boxed the lower control arms. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I had the regular ones not the adjustable ones on my '92 RS Camaro (305 TBI)
They were awsome the car handled like a true race car. They were very stiff, (even the back ones too)might not be the best dragracing setup.
KYB is good bang for the buck. They are "cheap" but still quality, plus life time warranty.
Hope I could help a little bit, sorry but no info on the adjustable ones.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

If I were you, I would look to Bilstein HDs.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found the KYB AGX 8-way adjustables to be junk, others say there great....but as I've posted before I wouldn't use them on my lawn mower. Wait untill you have the funds and get the Bilsteins instead. JMO
Old 02-05-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys! I did some searching and found that one of the site sponsors has a good deal on the Bilsteins (non adjustable), I'm gonna go for it! Along with the shocks I'll be getting a set of springs, an adjustable panhard rod, and a pair of relocation brackets.