Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2 or BMR????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G2 or BMR????

Hello,
Ive got about 3K budget to dump into suspension for my 02WS6 and was reading a lot on here and G2 and BMR seem to be the top two choices..Well which one would be at the top??? I am looking for the best stuff for street and autox.
Thanks
Old 02-06-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002RamAir
Hello,
Ive got about 3K budget to dump into suspension for my 02WS6 and was reading a lot on here and G2 and BMR seem to be the top two choices..Well which one would be at the top??? I am looking for the best stuff for street and autox.
Thanks
LG all the way. The BMR is cheaper, but it cant handle the stress like LG can. The LG stuff is race proven just ask Mitch and some of the other auto-x guys.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

I would go with G2.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldn't generalize so broadly. There are many options to choose from, and picking just one manufacturer will short you on quality or price somewhere along the line.

That said, if you have money to **** away, go with G2
Old 02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another vote for G2. Very nice high quality stuff.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

I have alot of faith in LG, Spohn, UE etc. I personally have LG stuff on my car, but running ORR tends to make you forget about price and demand the best. I've never had a BMR failure on my car, but I only have a BMR STB. I started hearing bad things from fellow road racers and just kept away after that. Show me a manufacturer that races and wins with the stuff they manufacture and sell and I'll show you a loyal customer
Old 02-07-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
I wouldn't generalize so broadly. There are many options to choose from, and picking just one manufacturer will short you on quality or price somewhere along the line.

That said, if you have money to **** away, go with G2
It's been my experience that buying bargain basement stuff is typically "pissing" money away, in the long run.

Buy the stuff once, instead of twice ...
Old 02-07-2005, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I can only speak of my experiences in street driving and in drag racing,I have all BMR suspension on my car and am very pleased with the performance and price!as for autocrossing never dunnit.........
Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Guess i have a little of both & have never had problems from either.

Currently running the G2 Super Springs, ADJ PHR, Sway bars front / rear. ( 2yrs running).
BMR SFC's, LCA's.

work very well together...

Makes the stance pretty nice too.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
It's been my experience that buying bargain basement stuff is typically "pissing" money away, in the long run.

Hmmmmmm...seems like you've said that to me a couple of times. I'm currently waiting on my G2 torque arm and some G2 poly/rod LCAs (I'll still keep my Spohn poly/poly LCAs around in case the others get annoying). Seems like I've been through a few iterations with this suspension stuff...
Old 02-08-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mitchntx

I wasn't suggesting bargain basement stuff was a good alternative, but that there are quality options elsewhere that can be had for cheaper.

G2 is a safe bet for quality, but you pay a premium. The bracing items like STB and SFC have quality alternatives and I think you can overpay with some G2 eqpt. But items like the lower front a-arms, aluminum rear control arms, G2 is a better, safer bet.

I've got a G2 double adjustable panhard on one car and a G2 driveshaft loop on both my cars, but no qualms about my sfc and stb from other brands on the one car.