Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need new shocks to soften up ride with sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new shocks to soften up ride with sportlines

whats a good shock to make the ride with sportlines a little less harsh? it has the stockers on it now and i want something for a nice all around ride and handling, so whats you guys suggestion and where can i get em'? thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Koni SA's would be a great choice, but they're not going to give you everything you're looking for. Sportlines are soft springs as it is. They ride so low that you're on your bump stops much more frequently which is a harsh hit. Compound that with your 18" wheels, and it's no wonder your ride isn't the best.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont ever have problems hitting the bumpstops for some reason. the springs were on the car when i bought it, otherwise i would have went with something a little more user friendly. i love the way it sits, but i just want something to soften up those rough roads we have around here.
i thought about bilsteins, but everyone says "re-valved" bilsteins, and i am not sure where to get those. or if that is something you have to have done to normal bilsteins at a local shop or something. thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

revalved Bilsteins are cheaper, and the main place to have that done is through Sam Strano at stranoparts.com. You tell him your setup, then he has a Bilstein shock revalved to your particular need. But, no sense in doing that if you're going to be changing things up. Konis are adjustable, but of course cost more. He'll sell you those too. Definitely worth calling him up and buying from him. He'll steer you right.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info man, i agree, its not worth doing if i am going to change springs anytime soon. i'll look into the koni's and see how much more they are. thanks again
Old 02-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Konis will prolly run you around 700+ for all four... and they will mainly crispen up the ride, I have mine set on full firm out back and will change the fronts to full firm as well, but i enjoy the stability they offer, these shocks are great for car control, but absolute **** for attempting to launch. I am curious to hear how they do with sportlines, be careful if you buy the SA's because you can lower the front of your car between 1/2"-3/4" if you use the lower perch, good luck
Old 02-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

I've got the prokits and Bilstein and main the ride is rediculously stiff for my likings. In tallahassee the roads here are crap, and I'm also looking at another suspension setup. Since the Koni's are so price I think I might try to find out how much would it be to get my bilsteins revalved.

Quick Reply: Need new shocks to soften up ride with sportlines