Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stock suspension specs of 1999 camaro SS's

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock suspension specs of 1999 camaro SS's

i've searched on two different msgboards and cannot find what i need.

what i am lookin for is the suspension specifications for a base mode (no SLP options) 1999 camaro SS.

i found the spring rates for the front and rear but i cannot find the swaybar sizes and if poly bushings were used anywhere.

i'm asking because i'm researching suspension parts to buy and i think i'd like to upgrade my front swaybar to prevent plowing in sharp corners, but i don't know what size is on there stock so i'm not sure what sizes i should be looking for.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sway bar sizes:

32mm front, 19mm rear.

No poly used anywhere.

I personally run a 35mm/25mm front/rear combo on mine, and I really like how it handles. The 25mm rear bar would be too much on a tight course, but I only drive my car on the streets (daily driver). It really fit my bill quite nicely.

That being said, the 35/25 sway bars are not the only thing done to my car. I also have a Ground Control coil-over setup with 400/125 linear rate front/rear springs, revalved Bilstein's up front with 3rd gen Bilstein HDs in the rear, SLP subframe connectors, BADZ aluminum panhard rod with QA1 rod ends, LG G2 lower control arms (poly/rod), removed the metal spacer from the bump stop, and relocation brackets. Car sits 1.5" lower all around.

To me, my car is finally handling like I want it to. I am waiting on my G2 torque arm to show up, and that will go on shortly. I will also most likely be stepping up to Koni SAs with a 500/150 spring combo within the next year.

Quick Reply: stock suspension specs of 1999 camaro SS's