Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable or non adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adjustable or non adjustable?

I want to get a BMR torque arm but not sure if I should get adjustable or non adjustable. I don't ever plan on dropping the car. Also I am very confussed on which LCA's to get. I was looking at BMR's Tubular Chrome Moly Adjustable. This the one I want?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kinda 12-bolt is this going on? I think those arms you listed will bolt up to either a Moser or Strange without issue...if anything, it may just require a little grinding, but it shouldn't be anything serious.

With a 12-bolt, you shouldn't have to adjust the pinion angle any. I've heard of people having to adjust them when they use a 9" rear, but that's about it. If you want it to be adjustable just for good measure, go for it. I have a feeling it won't be needed though.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think i'll be buying the moser 12bolt. I the non-adjustable are cheaper so if adjustable isnt needed then I'll just go with non-adjustable then. Also I was reading that aftermarket panhard bars are a waste unless you have extreme HP. Is this true?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
I think i'll be buying the moser 12bolt. I the non-adjustable are cheaper so if adjustable isnt needed then I'll just go with non-adjustable then. Also I was reading that aftermarket panhard bars are a waste unless you have extreme HP. Is this true?
I have an aftermarket panhard rod because my car is lowered, and that's the only reason (I needed it to be a little longer than stock to recenter my rear). I also expect my car to handle reasonably well, so I've pretty much replaced all of the rear components...the torque arm is the only thing left, and it is still stock only because I haven't received my new one yet.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

If you haven't already bought the moser 12bolt I would seriously consider the strange 12bolt instead, it has 2 thru bolts instead of the 4 bolts like on the moser notoriuos for having problems coming loose my .02 ......
Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sikws6
If you haven't already bought the moser 12bolt I would seriously consider the strange 12bolt instead, it has 2 thru bolts instead of the 4 bolts like on the moser notoriuos for having problems coming loose my .02 ......
I didn't understand a word you just said When the time comes for me to finally buy a 12bolt rearend, I'll look into which one to get a lot more, so I have still yet to make a final decision.....just seemed taht moser was a popular 12bolt around here.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
I didn't understand a word you just said When the time comes for me to finally buy a 12bolt rearend, I'll look into which one to get a lot more, so I have still yet to make a final decision.....just seemed taht moser was a popular 12bolt around here.
It is a popular choice, but what he was trying to say is that the Strange 12-bolt uses two long through bolts to hold the torque arm in place (just like on the stock rear end). The Moser uses four shorter bolts that go into threaded holes (also known as blind holes)...two on the top, two on the bottom. These bolts tend to back out over time unless you loc-tite the **** out of them or safety wire them in place. If they back out, you will most likely mess up your torque arm and probably your driveshaft.

Quick Reply: Adjustable or non adjustable?