Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

GC weight jackers/perch question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GC weight jackers/perch question

I am almost ready to purchase my GC rear suspension package, and I THINK that this will work, but would like to ask the question.

Has anyone ever installed this GC setup on a 12 bolt rear. I intend on swapping out rears in (2-3 years), but must run w/stock 10bolt until then.
I am concerned that the perch placement (location) may be different than on a 10-bolt, or if welding may be required. Just trying to determine if I should wait.

I am prepared to go to diff spring once the 12bolt goes in, as the ride height will change I am sure. Suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have it and it sits pretty low, the perches you get with that kit wont fit on a 12bolt. The springs will fit but you wont have any adjustability on the rears only the fronts. Sine the 12bolt already comes with a perch itll do no good to put another perch on top of a perch.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6']['9
i have it and it sits pretty low, the perches you get with that kit wont fit on a 12bolt. The springs will fit but you wont have any adjustability on the rears only the fronts. Sine the 12bolt already comes with a perch itll do no good to put another perch on top of a perch.
That's what I needed to hear, and thank you. Decisions, decisions.
I have to do something, but don't want to waste money w/intentions of changing to a 12bolt down the road. Perhaps, I should just wait and hold off until I get ready to change out the rear.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you thought of going to a coil over? LG makes nice stuff....spendy, but nice. Are you intending to road race or drag race? I have some GC spring jacks I'll sell you for $50. I didn't need them on my 9".
Old 02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Have you thought of going to a coil over? LG makes nice stuff....spendy, but nice. Are you intending to road race or drag race? I have some GC spring jacks I'll sell you for $50. I didn't need them on my 9".
I Drag race and put about 12 - 20 passes per year, but normally a daily driver. Not sure what to do right at this moment. Even if I get the GC jacks, I'll still need to acquire different springs/shocks. I may give this some serious thought, and make the decision within a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: GC weight jackers/perch question