Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Weird front end noise?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird front end noise?

I've been getting odd noises from the front end of my 99TA lately, specifically my passenger side. It's like a moaning sound like if something other than rocks is stuck in my tire, but there is nothing there, nor is the tire flat.

I shut off the engine at speed to make sure it wasn't related to the engine, and the rpm of the noise slows as the car slows down. The noise is not noticeable below 10mph, but gets a little louder as the mph increases. I checked the tires thoroughly to ensure nothing was abnormal.

Could this be a sign of a wheel bearing going out? If not, what else could this be a symptom of? Also, What would be signs you would see if a wheel bearing was going bad?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and one more thing. Anyone happen to know the GM part number for the front wheel bearings?

Last edited by kidfrostbite; 02-17-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

sounds like a wheel bearing.... do you hear the noise while turning?? if so which way?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
sounds like a wheel bearing.... do you hear the noise while turning?? if so which way?
You know, now that you mention it, I hear a small clunk sound from the right when I make a left turn as well, even in a turn at speed, like around a bend. Looks like I'm going to cough up some dough, these things aren't cheap from what I gather.

Quick Reply: Weird front end noise?