Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

problem with front lower control arm, help quick!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with front lower control arm, help quick!!

Ok so i am taking my front suspension all apart to replace everything. Now, I have everything undone except the lower control arm. I got the horizontal bolt out, but I cannot get the vertical one out on either side. Whats the secret to getting those out? Just hammer them real good or what? Please help I need to get this apart. Thx
Old 02-20-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96blackz28
Ok so i am taking my front suspension all apart to replace everything. Now, I have everything undone except the lower control arm. I got the horizontal bolt out, but I cannot get the vertical one out on either side. Whats the secret to getting those out? Just hammer them real good or what? Please help I need to get this apart. Thx

It has been awhile since I have done it, but I remember just playing with it until I finnally got it. It will come out
Old 02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man i still cant get them, any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Teching In

This is probably a moot point since your post is a few weeks old now, but the vertical bolt is a pain in the ***, but it will come out. The top of the bolt has a little extension coming off of it that sits in a hole in the frame so you can torque the nut on and off without having to hold the top of the bolt. (The K-member also uses this method and it actually works pretty well) Just take off the nut completely and beat the hell out of it with a hammer. If that still doesn't work, there is a place you can access the vertical bolt. Look at the part of the frame the bolt goes though from the rear of the car. (I actually had to use a screwdriver to get that bolt out on the driver side of my car, just pry on the little "extension" until it breaks loose.) This also comes in handy a TON when it comes time to try to put that bolt back in...Best of luck if you're still struggling with this...If it doesn't come out right away, don't get aggravated...Things have a way of working out if you get pissed off and come back a little while later...Hope this helps.

-Jason