Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ride height

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ride height

Im looking to lower the distance between the tires and the body and was wondering what is the best way to do this? Springs/shocks? If so, what kind? My car is a 00 WS6 with the stock 17" wheels. Also looking for a better ride quality too....thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

It really would be best to do a search. Everyone has different opinions on this stuff. I myself have had a set of Eibach LT1 Pro Kit springs with SLP Bilsteins. Car worked pretty good, just was a bit to low for me {more than 1.5 inches in the front}.

Now I have Ground Control coil overs in the front with 600lb springs. I still have the LT1 springs in the rear. I'm using Koni DA shocks front and rear. I like it.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00ws6blackbird
Im looking to lower the distance between the tires and the body and was wondering what is the best way to do this? Springs/shocks? If so, what kind? My car is a 00 WS6 with the stock 17" wheels. Also looking for a better ride quality too....thanks
You can lower the car with lowering spring. Most kits are about a 1 1/2" drop, or Eibach Sportlines and Intrax springs will give you a little more, about 2". You'll also need to relocate the lower control arms to maintain good traction, plus it's best to use an aftermarket panhard rod to keep the rear end in line. Thunder Racing sells a kit with everything you need and you get to choose which springs you want. I think it's like $370 for weld in control arm relocation brackets and about $410 for bolt in ones.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys..........I'll check into it