Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering my ws6

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lowering my ws6

alright guys i have been wanting to lower my trans am for awhile now, and all my friends tell me to go with the eibach sportline kit. but im not sure now that i have done some searching on this forum and insterad i think i am going to go with the pro-kit from eibach, how much will both of those kits lower my car,and what is the differnence between them.

what do you guys think i do have some problems already i have slp headers and so far i have done good by not putting dings in it and i would like to keep it that.way but i have 20's on my ta so it does raise the car a little bit what should i do, i really like the lowered look please help thanks trevor
Old 02-27-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

20s on a TA

Anyway.....Sport Lines will lower 1.75" I believe and Pro Kit 1.25"
The pro kit has been know to sag in the rear

Don't forget when you lower the car you'll need to re-allign the rear with an APHR, and new shocks are highly recommended
Old 03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

So Should I Go With The Pro-kit Or The Sportline, And What Is A Aphr?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

When you lower your car, the rear end shifts over so you need to center it with an adjustable panhard rod. The rod is transversly mounted with one end that attaches to the body, and the other to the rear end itself. It's what keeps the rear from wondering side to side. You should also get some lower control arm relocation brackets so your control arms will be parallel with the ground. Which kit you should get depends on how low you want to go.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Well reading your post, and you concern about the SLP headers, def take the Sport lines out.....I don't like the pro-kit because of the issue with sagging and I'm not sure if you would be interested in doing the work necessary to correct the sagging problems if it arises.
APHR = adjustable panhard rod
Start looking into other brands in my opinion. In the spring I am going with Hotchkis springs, they only lower the car about 1"-1.25" which is fine with me because I wanted a small drop and am also concerned about my Y pipe.

As Casper said, if you want to lower your car and do it correctly.
You will want to buy an APHR, LCA relocation brackets, and shocks matched to the springs. Of course you can always just do springs and live with any of the inconviences.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

How about coil-overs? You can set the height to where it is visually appealing but not so low you scrape your headers off.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont go sportline. i have em and hate em. i'm actually looking to sell mine when i get a new set of springs. i love the stance it gives me, but for performance its shitty (very cushy, not stiff). I'm looking at getting a set of H&Rs.....
Old 03-04-2005, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

ill have a set of BMR lowering springs for sale by the end of th month...getting a set of hypercoils.
BMR drops about an inch all around and you lose no ride quality at all...springs have been on for about 25k miles and little over 2 years...no sagging what so ever.
eibachs are prone to saggin and ride quality suffers, but i guess it depends on who you ask.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

well thanks for the info guys i really appreciate it, the only reason i was going to go with the eibach kits was because i can get them from a friend for like $150, but it might be better to just save up and do it right. I am not going to use the sportline though. what other types of springs should i get to lower my car like a pro-kit? also how much are coil overs and do they affect the ride? thanks trevor
Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Twinturbo

Why r u selling the BMRs and going to the Hypercoils
Old 03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ta'sWs602
well thanks for the info guys i really appreciate it, the only reason i was going to go with the eibach kits was because i can get them from a friend for like $150, but it might be better to just save up and do it right. I am not going to use the sportline though. what other types of springs should i get to lower my car like a pro-kit? also how much are coil overs and do they affect the ride? thanks trevor
A lot of people like the pro kit, don't get us wrong, but there are also a ton of people who hate them....Coil overs are great, but $$$, I think over $400
Old 03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

i am satisfied with my sportlines, and it looks pretty good too....
Old 03-04-2005, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
Hey Twinturbo

Why r u selling the BMRs and going to the Hypercoils
b/c i love the stance the car has with hypercoils. friend of mine has em with bilsteins and the thing handles amazing..and thats what i want. if the BMR;s sat a little lower i wouldnt get rid of them...the ride quality was near stock which really suprised me...plus i still have stock struts and shocks. im sure they would ride better with bilsteins or koni's.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default What about Hotchkis?

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
b/c i love the stance the car has with hypercoils. friend of mine has em with bilsteins and the thing handles amazing..and thats what i want. if the BMR;s sat a little lower i wouldnt get rid of them...the ride quality was near stock which really suprised me...plus i still have stock struts and shocks. im sure they would ride better with bilsteins or koni's.

Is hotchkis good with bilstein shocks? and where do you get the relocation brackets? thanks

Last edited by REDWS6CHICK; 03-05-2005 at 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot to ask