Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Camber Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Alignment

Here's the deal: I have Bilstein struts/shocks, and Eibach Sportline springs, and my camber is off by about 2 degrees on each side. The alignment shop that checked the camber said that it could not be adjusted without a set of camber kits, and that they could not order said kits . I have not found any camber kits for this car, and I am also under the impression that it can be adjusted without them. So, what I need to know is: can the camber be adjusted without these kits, and if not, is there anywhere I can buy them? I refuse to buy new front tires every 2-3 months, even if I had that kind of money!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no need for camber kits (non-existent for f-bodies). you can adjust camber/caster/toe on our cars.
I'm assuming your camber is probably around -2' on each side... which isn't a bad thing per say... you might want to reduce it a bit if it's a street car only.
What are your present alignment specs ?
I'd recommend you go for:
camber: -1' to -1.5'
caster: +4.5'
toe: 0"... or a bit of toe-in for high-speed stability (1/32") or 1/32" of toe-out for better turn-in response... but will follow more the grooves at speeds.
We need to know the present specs to know if the tires will wear nicely...
Old 03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by got_r_done
Here's the deal: I have Bilstein struts/shocks, and Eibach Sportline springs, and my camber is off by about 2 degrees on each side. The alignment shop that checked the camber said that it could not be adjusted without a set of camber kits, and that they could not order said kits . I have not found any camber kits for this car, and I am also under the impression that it can be adjusted without them. So, what I need to know is: can the camber be adjusted without these kits, and if not, is there anywhere I can buy them? I refuse to buy new front tires every 2-3 months, even if I had that kind of money!
What does the printout of the alingment read or can you post a pic. their is no such thing as a camber kit for a fbody.Their is a adj tool that I hope they are useing because its a pain in the *** with out it but you shouldnt have to pay for the tool.

Quick Reply: Camber Alignment