Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick SFC ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick SFC ??

Are there any down sides to the SLP bolt-ons? Elongating bolt holes, exhaust clearances ect... I would like bolt-on because it gives me the option to be able to put the car back to 100% stock. Otherwise I would probably go with KBDD.

Thanks guys,
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

T T T
Old 03-06-2005, 02:35 PM

Elongated bolt holes over time was my reason for going with the BMR weld in SFC's.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dws6
Are there any down sides to the SLP bolt-ons? Elongating bolt holes, exhaust clearances ect... I would like bolt-on because it gives me the option to be able to put the car back to 100% stock. Otherwise I would probably go with KBDD.

Thanks guys,
Yes you might have to adjust alittle on the bolt hole location's just depends on how hard your body's been tweeked since youv'e been driving with out any on. It's no big deal to do that and just use lock tite and torque the bolts good and mine haven't come loose in 3 years of use.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are there any exhaust clearing issues or any abnormal noises caused by them?
I hope I would not have problems with the holes lining up, the car only has 7900 miles. I have read that over time the holes in the SFC can open up and make them basically pointless. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks again
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had them for about a year now. Bolted on. They have never moved, or made any sort of weird sound. Holes not lining up is due to the differences in car manufacturing, and the differences in the SFC's. I only had to elongate one hole, and that was for the tunnel brace. I dont see the SFC elongating holes, and making them pointless. To do that, you woul have to either run your car really really hard all the time. Or have installed them worng.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dws6
Are there any exhaust clearing issues or any abnormal noises caused by them?
I hope I would not have problems with the holes lining up, the car only has 7900 miles. I have read that over time the holes in the SFC can open up and make them basically pointless. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks again
Don't worry about the hole's opening up that's just some people speculating that could happen and you should weld them in but you don't have to they will stay in place. Buy a set and you'll love them they will make great improvement's in the way the car react's in the curve's and make the car feel real solid too.

Quick Reply: Quick SFC ??