Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA setting with G2's

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni SA setting with G2's

I need to know what to adjust koni sa springs to on the front and rear with G2 springs. I have stock sway bars its a SS, so i think its a 32mm hollow front and 19mm hollow rear. No road racing or auto cross, just street use. Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt anybody
Old 03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find Sam Strano.... or Mitchmx
Old 03-11-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BitViper
Find Sam Strano.... or Mitchmx
thanks
Old 03-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Launching!

If it's just for street use start them all off on full soft, and if you feel like you need it stiffer, start sweeping towards stiff, one sweep at a time. The fronts will likely change more than the rear. In fact, you may find the rear at full soft or 1/4 turn stiff is just about right.

Right now I have mine (I have SA's and G2's) on full soft on all 4 for driving around town. When I go to autocross, I may add a sweep or two up front.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

I started at full soft on my single adjustables before I took her out the first time. Koni recommends starting with one to two sweeps from full soft and work from there.

After a few on and off ramps for fun, I discovered that the stock shocks (for comparison purposes) were far more 'wallowly' during intial set, and more importantly, [during rebound] when unwinding and accelerating out of the apex. The konis were far more stable and solid.

Also I noticed, abrupt movements upset the car more, and the motion is exaggerated with decarbon valving. When I tighted the fronts to 2 sweeps from full stiff for canyons, I didn't notice much of a difference during steady state cornering. During AX, full soft was too floatly to keep the end planted. However, during transitions and 'slalom', the front end was much more responsive and seemed to buckle down far quicker with the stiffer setting. I don't recommend full stiff in all situations, and full soft is too easy for any AX IMO.

To reduce the amount of extra motion required to settle the car down, I recommend somewhere in the middle, then work up or down from there. For double adjustable, I don't believe this theory applies and the springs will have a huge effect on the balance of steady state cornering as well as transitions, but not in the same way.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the advice
Old 04-03-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/298345-koni-sa-way.html

Quick Reply: Koni SA setting with G2's