Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HAL QA1's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAL QA1's?

I'm looking to go with a nice drag set up and am considering going with the HAL QA1 12-way shocks. I plan to do all 4 corners and plan on going with their front drag spring as well. I have a couple of questions:

Will this be a nice set up? Would all 4 HALS be ideal or would HAL fronts and something else in the rear work better? Also, what HAL spring should I go with out front and what springs in the rear? The car is a daily driver right now but I live in a small town where I do not drive far...I will be buying something else soon to replace it for daily driving...
Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 03-14-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The QA1's in my opinion are one of the best set ups out there, a very high quality shock. I would recommend running the fronts and rears the same (qa1). A good overall drag shock

As for front springs, there 275 drag spring would be the best for drag racing but you may get a bouncing ride out of it for daily driving. I just did a full front set up with the new drag springs but havent had a chance to drive it yet.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
The QA1's in my opinion are one of the best set ups out there, a very high quality shock. I would recommend running the fronts and rears the same (qa1). A good overall drag shock

As for front springs, there 275 drag spring would be the best for drag racing but you may get a bouncing ride out of it for daily driving. I just did a full front set up with the new drag springs but havent had a chance to drive it yet.
Which spring would be best for some daily driving?

Also, if I go with stock springs in the rear, will the car sit at stock height out back?